Love Letters to God


Monday, November 24, 2008


Firstly, to all my UL-ers and friends in Melbourne, I AM MISSING YOU SO BADD :( :(

Secondly, to PSCC, I AM ALSO MISSING YOU! MORE THAN EVER!! I miss the atmosphere there, it really is the one and only of its kind in the world. It's like, I don't know how to say it, but it's kind of like in any good church you can feel the presence of God during the service but the way it is manifested in PSCC is just... different somehow? :)

SO whoever is still in melbourne, better relish it OY! :)

Thirdly, I love the way God does humour sometimes. Because if any of you were around the Civic Centre parking lot in Kuching this morning (obviously no one was phew!) you would have seen this little Kancil driven by yours truly on her first ever driving lesson doing weird things like braking violently, making the engine die, knocking the back wheel against a low curb, almost knocking over dustbins (which has always been my worst imagined driving nightmare mind you)...

And the funny thing was that before I started my lesson, I was telling God: Please don't let me crash into anything please. And right there and then, I felt Him tell me: It's all right, I'd be with you. Then there was a bit of a pause before He added: This is going to be fun though, I'm going to enjoy it.

-_________-"

But yeah, oh come on, I'm not actually offended by Him laughing at me because whilst I was driving, I was laughing at myself too. And it's nice knowing that you're laughing and then your big Daddy's laughing with you as well. :) And yeah, who wants a God who doesn't know how to see the fun in things ey? If He wasn't fun, Christianity would be just a pile of crappy boredom bleh. It's nice having a God that understands and feels everything you go through with in this life because it just takes the love to a whole new level.

Coming back to Kuching, so much has changed within the life of my church here. There's a new baby on the way (and yeah everyone's fighting over what the boy or girl should be called when, for pity's sakes, we aren't even sure of the baby's gender yet because baby's only few weeks old hahaha!). I'm trying to find the ministry in which I will grow in (young adults? tertiary?) and one of the kids' ministry teachers have asked me to help out with the little kiddos because they're short on help currently.

So as you can see, am being kept on my toes serving in the ministries (current one being the music one ;)) and of course, communing with God outside the physical building of the church and asking for help in the challenge He has set before me (so far, there's been nothing yet but I know there'd be soon!) But I am loving every bit of it.

It's so amazing that everytime I come home from overseas that the questions posed to me have always been the same. It's always: Siaw Hui, did you lose weight? To which the answer has always been a Yes. And it's always: So Siaw Hui, have you got a boyfriend there yet? To which the answer has always been a No... because if it weren't, believe me, Jovial would have something to say about it XD

But the one thing that amazes me the most is the fact that I see all these adults in my church, who have coached me and mentored me in my teenage years (or have never even SAID anything to me before until now!) speak out over my life about incredible things.

Like how just before I left for Melbourne last year, an auntie who has known me since I was a girl of 13 tell me: I just see this godly crown on your head. You're such a princess of God. And how during my time in Melbourne, I've always remembered that and grew (and still growing) to understand what it fully means to wield God's kingly authority given to me as His princess and as a woman of God.

It's amazing how when I came back during this mid year, a pastor who I have never spoken to before found me out during the crowd and told me he had seen the way I'd worshipped and prayed and told me that whatever church I was going to in Melbourne (PSCC YEAH!!), they really knew how to teach kids like me to pray and worship.

And this time, the same pastor just came up to me and said, "There's such a great anointing on you that's just waiting to bless many, MANY lives ... I believe that you already are. And just as a side note, there's just SOMETHING about your prayers. When you pray, it just gives me the shivers in a good way because ... I just can't explain it!"

And it's great to hear stuff like that not because I need an ego boosting but because it encourages me to push on for God, to continue serving and to know that despite whatever pitfalls there may be on the way, it really doesn't matter because I get to see others blessed and come to know my beautiful Father in heaven. :) And it just gets me all excited and pumped up for where my anointing will bring me next ;)

So yeah, I just want to encourage all of you. When all of you go home, people can see how much you've changed whilst you've been away in a foreign land called Australia. And let that change be so much so that people can stop and say: Wow, it must be God behind this change! Because then they get encouraged by what's been going on in your life and they get excited about how you've changed which is always good because God's always wanting people to know Him more, ey?

And one last thing, GOD BLESS FOR ALL THOSE STILL HAVING EXAMS! You're all gonna ace ace ace the exams and you'd all be stupendously fantastic! :)

She thanks her Jesus at 11:00 AM

The Trio

Hannah
Rachel
Siaw Hui

currently

Hannah i.e. *Ai-Chan* :)
Rachel is still MIA :P
Siaw Hui is feeling a God-given inspiration

links

Bernie
Cherish
Urban Life (Jovial's)
link
link
link
link

Previous Posts

tagboard

credits

Layout/ kriss
Images/ getty
Brushes/ hybrid ignite
Fonts/ dafont
Lyrics/ Jars of Clay - Love song for a Saviour