Love Letters to God


Saturday, November 1, 2008


And this song has been playing in my head ever since an hour ago:

I'm not gonna live by what I see
(And boy do I see that I have tons of works ahead of me: 23 more lectures to make notes on, and then a full active revision of 70 lectures! and let's not forget the past exam papers and clinical tests i need to know.. all in the remaining 8 days... oh boy...)
I'm not gonna live by what I feel
(Gee whiz, I'm feeling a bit panicky now coz I dunno how I'd be able to finish!!)
Deep down I know that You're here with me
(But yeah, focusing on God and taking things slowly is working...)
And I know that You can do anything
(LIKE MAKE ME FINISH MY EXAM PREPARATIONS WHOO~)

Through you I can do anything
I can do all things
Coz it's you who gives me strength
Nothing is impossible!

You know, something that Cheri said rang something in my brain. Ever since yesterday, I had been panicking over what I'd be able to do during Swot Vac (study week). Because I have a heck lot on my plate to finish before exams start in 8 day (not including today) and I don't know how I can get it done! I make all this elaborate plans on what I should finish doing by a certain day and the plans just fall to pieces (like today: supposed to do 12 lectures and where am I? Finishing off my 5th and it's almost 9 pm and I have ushering at 9 am tomorrow)

And so like REALLY HOW TO FINISH?

But yeah, last night at UL, God suddenly told me to stop worrying and just... find my rest in Him. I wake up some mornings, having this heavy feeling in my heart because I'm afraid that I might fail my exams, that I can't finish preparing. And some days I just feel like vomiting at the sight of fine black print on white paper. And then I feel sick again because my plans aren't working. But then God stops me and gives me a verse and I feel all refreshed again. Or sometimes He just tells me that I should just focus on Him and study steadily and He'd make everything right. He'd make me finish on time and remember what I'm supposed to.

And yeah, like Cheri says, why control something when you can have the Author of life control it for you? And make it work ;)

She thanks her Jesus at 8:24 PM

The Trio

Hannah
Rachel
Siaw Hui

currently

Hannah i.e. *Ai-Chan* :)
Rachel is still MIA :P
Siaw Hui is feeling a God-given inspiration

links

Bernie
Cherish
Urban Life (Jovial's)
link
link
link
link

Previous Posts

tagboard

credits

Layout/ kriss
Images/ getty
Brushes/ hybrid ignite
Fonts/ dafont
Lyrics/ Jars of Clay - Love song for a Saviour