Love Letters to God


Saturday, October 25, 2008


Psalm 16: 1
Keep me safe O Lord, for in you I find refuge.

Psalm 16: 5
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.

I just love these verses because there's just such a sense of security that radiates from the words. It's as if God has me locked deep in His BIG embrace and any storm that surrounds me won't even touch me; it'd just bounce off His strong, big frame :)

And to know that whatever promises He has for on my life, whatever blessings He showers on me is kept safe by Him as well just makes me feel warm and happy. Because I know now, that everytime the Devil tries to steal away my blessings and my promises, he will never succeed because he'd have to come up against my awesome Daddy. The only way he can ever take away the good things God has for me is to work on my mind instead, convincing me not to CLAIM the blessing that is already there because "are you sure it's meant for you? are you sure you didn't misunderstand?"

Well no more, Mr. Devil, those blessings are safe in God's hands and it's ripe for my taking so get your dirty little paws off them!

And in this world where nothing is ever steady and everything is always changing (will you just look at the global economic meltdown!) it's always nice to know that the one thing that we can always depend on is the very meaning of security itself: God.

*~Siaw Hui~*

She thanks her Jesus at 12:07 PM

The Trio

Hannah
Rachel
Siaw Hui

currently

Hannah i.e. *Ai-Chan* :)
Rachel is still MIA :P
Siaw Hui is feeling a God-given inspiration

links

Bernie
Cherish
Urban Life (Jovial's)
link
link
link
link

Previous Posts

tagboard

credits

Layout/ kriss
Images/ getty
Brushes/ hybrid ignite
Fonts/ dafont
Lyrics/ Jars of Clay - Love song for a Saviour