Love Letters to God


Monday, September 7, 2009


One day after a great and absolutely mind-blowing camp, less-than-good news hits. And I have a gut feeling that this isn't going to be the last I hear - though I pray that it will be.

So what do I do now?

Well, I'd tell you what I do.

I don't care what news comes my way - be it good or bad. And I absolutely hate it when thoughts come into my mind and go: "Oh there you go. See, see, you were so into God and serving Him that's why this happened the way it did. If you were to play it down a bit, it wouldn't have been so bad, don't you see?" And, honestly there's a part of me that goes: "Yeah that makes sense. If I hadn't spend so much time chasing after God and building His kingdom, if I had tuned down, maybe things would have been better..."

And then I realize.

WHAT ON EARTH AM I THINKING? What happened at camp was real. What happened at camp changed me, turned my life upside down, my heart inside out. And nothing can ever change that, NO ONE can ever take that away from me! I had felt so alive in His presence, I kept jumping for joy because it was just bursting over and over again inside of me, I felt so ... floaty! Hahaha, that's my officially favourite word from now on.

God hasn't robbed me of anything. Loving Him, serving Him has only added more to my life! Sure this bad news had to come but that doesn't make Him less real, less true in my life. It's a lie to say that it happened because of Him. It's NEVER because of Him because He's only come to add more to me and my life!

This is just a challenge, a test of my whether I'd throw in the towel, go "Yep, you're absolutely right, I should stop serving while it's not so bad yet" and walk away OR if I'd stand absolutely put, ground my teeth and press on because I believe that there's something greater! And blimey, I'm taking the second option man! :D I know God'll give me the strength to get over this one and the skills I need to take the next hurdle and turn this bad news into a good one - totally! :D After all, put first His kingdom and everything else will be added right? My cup shall overflow with His goodness yeah? I"M CLAIMING THOSE PROMISES MAN and I'm living for more!

So, I just want to challenge you. What thoughts are you thinking today? Are you thinking along the lines of: "Yeah, if only I cooled down my relationship with God a bit, maybe I'd succeed better in this, maybe I'd do better in this..."? Because if you are, let me just say: "STOP THINKING THOSE THOUGHTS!!" They're absolutely rotten and they're absolutely STUPID LIES.

Because did God ever say: "Oooh yeahh, chase after other things first, I'm not that important... you can chase me after you've chased those things." OH WHAT ROT. He's a jealous God and He's so freakingly head over heels in love with you that He aches for you to love Him with all your heart. And how do you show him that? WELL, my dear friends, you CHASE HIM DOWN, you HUNT HIM DOWN, you serve Him, seek Him, draw close to Him, do EVERYTHING that pleases His heart right?

But you have a choice! He won't force it down your throat demanding: Thou shalt love me or I shall smite you into ashes! But He aches for your intimacy. That's a fact. He doesn't want you to be cold, not even lukewarm - He wants it all, just like how you have HIS all. And jsut because you're not seeing His blessings today DOESN"T mean it's totally non-existent. Did He say: I shall only bless you when I feel like it? He said ALL things will be added unto you when you seek first His kingdom yeah? He said: My promises are Yes and Amen yeah? He said: I will grant you the desires of your heart. He said, Ask and it shall be given unto you.

The key thing to note is that it never said: I shall add all these things... IMMEDIATELY. I shall say yes INSTANTLY. I shall grant the desires RIGHT NOW. I shall give it THE MOMENT YOU SNAP YOUR FINGERS. Patiences is something God highly values and one thing I've learnt, God's timing for blessing is sooo perfect - even though you wait for it - because when it's granted, you've learnt so much along the way that you doubly, triply appreciate what He's given to you. :)

This world is full of challenges. Whther or not you choose to back down, thinking it's because of God that these things are happening to you is a choice. But I choose to press in, go higher because I know I've got treasures waiting up there for me ;) and that whatever happens here can be overcome because I've already got victory in Him. So yeah, maybe I'm going through a rough time now. But I'm NOT gonna level the blame on Him, neither am I going to stop serving and loving Him because I know my blessing's just round the corner if I'd only let Him give me the skills I need.

So what are you doing today? Backing down or standing up?

She thanks her Jesus at 8:25 PM

The Trio

Hannah
Rachel
Siaw Hui

currently

Hannah i.e. *Ai-Chan* :)
Rachel is still MIA :P
Siaw Hui is feeling a God-given inspiration

links

Bernie
Cherish
Urban Life (Jovial's)
link
link
link
link

Previous Posts

tagboard

credits

Layout/ kriss
Images/ getty
Brushes/ hybrid ignite
Fonts/ dafont
Lyrics/ Jars of Clay - Love song for a Saviour